Notes From Nowhere
- A dark valley that retains a near perfect stillness against the quick-moving clouds.
- Winter has stripped the land of any dignity.
- A lattice of dry-stone wall across the hills.
- Drizzle, gathering in huge drops; poised beneath strips of fencing, and from the tips of trees.
- Disused barns, or sheds, or storehouses, their roof tiles blighted by lichens, nature reclaiming it.
- The stark cry of a bird.
- On the hillside: headlights from a car navigating the awkward terrain. You feel suddenly vulnerable at this invasion of the stillness.
- The tops of hills surrendered to the clouds.
- Silhouettes of trees expose birds’ nests.
- A chill and loud wind.